NORAD DOWNLOADS

Hi Guys and Girls,
I'm trying to get on top of the NORAD Downloads.
I can get the Amateur 2 line file downloaded onto my machine in gz? format
but have been unable to get sense from it using my current winzip program.
Can somebody please provide me with an 'idiots guide' on how to handle the
information. The more idiot the guide, the better, I'm too thick to be
offended,
Many thanks
Mike G3LGR