Kid's Day

To All (Especially the Command Team),

Thank you so much for this opportunity to make a couple of little girls so
excited.  My oldest Julia , age 9, was calling all over telling family and
friends about the experience.  She made several contacts.  Katie, my 6 year
old, was also very excited.  Although I don't think she grasped the Idea of
an orbiting Satellite.

The satellite sounded great.  It was 20 over 9 off the side of my 18 ele
horizontal M2.  Wow.  I now wish I had planned a little better to have some
of their school classes out.  This is just the type of thing that gets
people interested.  My first contact with Amateur radio was a set-up at a
mall in Athens, OH.  I was 10 years old.  They only had a 2m rig to a dipole
talking on a repeater, but that was what set my heart on radio for almost 30
years now.

Hopefully, next year the satellite Kids day will be able to be done on the
regular Kids Day.  I know that the satellite was reconfigured for the
Tsunami disaster durring that time though.

Never the less, thank you all for this indulgence.

73's

Jeff
KA8HQL