From: "Greg D." <ko6th_greg@hotmail.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] SkyCross 2.4 ghz antenna?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:35:28 -0800

Hi folks,

I ran across this on the Web...  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it
seems to be a different kind of antenna.  Not a patch, not a helix.  By the
specs, a pretty good emulation of an isotropic radiator (no gain, omni
directional).

Does anyone know how they work, or how they might perform over a ground
plane as a feed for a dish?  They would seem to be very easy to make...
1" square of tin and a pair of scissors.

Greg  KO6TH