Re: Kep Elements

Pat N0JAK wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to update the keps for the computer program
PCSAT32.

Wayne W9AE replies:

Here is how I do it.
1. Access the latest Keplerian elements from the AMSAT web site:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all

2. Do a File -> Save As in your web browser to save the file to your hard disk.  Be sure to change the "save as type" to TEXT.  Remember what directory you saved the keps to.  For convenience, I always save to C:\Keps.  You can keep the filename nasa.all or rename it.

3. In SatPC32, do File -> Open and navigate to the directory where you saved the keps.

4. Select the file you just saved and Click OK.  The keps are now updated.

Note: If you save the keps to a unique filename, you can verify the currently used keps file by clicking on the "Satellites" menu.  I name my keps files YYYYMMDD.txt.  Then I can easily determine the age of my keps by clicking the "Satellite" menu.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA