Re: Question on Yaesu 847

James Cizek wrote:
>    I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Yaesu FT847 still
>   has the restriction of locking out the freq control (and most other
>   functions) while in CAT control mode?

As I recall from my experience writing an FT847 driver for JHamTune,
there's nothing about issuing commands through the CAT port that
implicitly disables anything on the front panel...in fact the (CAT)
indicator on the display simply means the CAT port has received a
command that means "turn on the (CAT) indicator".

However, the software you're using may repeatedly force the tuning to
the frequency  *it* thinks should be tuned. It's a matter of program
design.

  73 de Maggie K3XS

--
-----/___.   _)Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP/"The art of progress /