AO-51 Experiment Wed/QRP

Howdy from Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.

I sure had a blast this morning on the AO-51 QRP experiment Wed.

I used K5OE's Texas Potatoe Mashers (TPM's) with a ARR 70cm preamp and a TH7
Kenwood handheld with 500 MW and 1 watt. Downlink was full scale with preamp
on and 2 - 5 to s - 7 without preamp.  I listened on my FT-847 with TPM on
70cm and with preamp it buried the scale at 60 over s9. Great downlink.

Thanks to Jerry VE6AB, Al N7EQF, Emily W0ECC, Ron W6ZQ, John K6YK, Allen
N5AFV/C6A Maritime Mobile, and anyone else I missed out there for having fun
QRP on this wonderful satellite.

I look forward to V/S and L/S experiment modes the next two wednsdays. Ed
W7ARO and Joe W7TYN have build a helix for 2.4 GHZ downlink and looking
forward to you contacts nex experminet Wednsday.

Thanks to the controll team for letting us all have some fun.

Cheers  Bill K7Mt AMSAT 33461