RE: AO-51 QRP mode

Hello:

I've been off the birds for a little while - since AO-40 bit the dust - but
I got out my Arrow antenna and tried out the new bird on QRP night. At first
I wasn't hearing well with my Kenwood D7. So between passes, I dug out the
instructions and realized that I had to open the squelch on EACH band ! Then
adjust the balance to the 70 cm side and suddenly things got good. I heard
lots of signals from VE3 to California here in TN, including a little girl
in Indiana. Everybody got some contacts. I, however, could not get into the
bird using 145.920 as my transmit frequency. I did not engage the PL tone as
it was mentioned here that it was not necessary. Anyway, I'll try again next
week and figure this out. With any success, I'll demonstrate it to the ham
club.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
EM56