Re: Lifetime of Azimuth/elevation setups in winter.

Patrick Green wrote:

>   I'm considering setting up a full blown satellite setup and am
> concerned with the effects of WX on the fragile setups of AZ/EL rotor
> setups.  I want to hear about people that have had horror stories and
> ones that "set it up once" and never had issues with it for years.
> I'm in the Chicago area and we do freeze and get all the nasty winter
> weather.

I live in the Los Angeles area so the ony WX issue is wind.  2 years ago
the antennas blew down.  You can check out the photos starting at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/Photo/Pics/FoldedMast1.html
There are additional photos with the antennas up.

--
73