Lifetime of Azimuth/elevation setups in winter.

Hi All,

  I'm considering setting up a full blown satellite setup and am
concerned with the effects of WX on the fragile setups of AZ/EL rotor
setups.  I want to hear about people that have had horror stories and
ones that "set it up once" and never had issues with it for years.
I'm in the Chicago area and we do freeze and get all the nasty winter
weather.

I've always been a "portable" setup person and you might see me
operation the next HEO with something I can setup and tear down in an
instant.  I've always liked this because when I travel, I can access
the same quality setup where ever I go.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF