Recent Yaesu VR-5000 experiences sought...

Hi All,

I'm looking for opinions on the Yaesu VR-5000 receiver of recent
manufacture.  I've read about all the warts (i.e. buggy firmware, poor
dynamic range, etc) but wondered if recent units were any better and how
it compares to other units in its price range, i.e. IC-PCR1000 (had one).

I need a wideband radio with an IF or other wideband output...

Tnx & 73,
Mike W4LNA