Re: ao-51 tonight

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark L. Hammond"
To: "Kyle Yoksh", <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ao-51 tonight

> As for cost of that setup?  I really don't want to add it all up, but it's
close to 1.5-2 orders of magnitude ;-)

Hi Mark,

Maybe Bruce can come up with an award for the least expensive ground
station - the ZRDough award? hi hi

Of course the point is that many hams already have the required gear laying
around their shacks. Some may not know that they can use two monoband HTs,
for instance. I've met lots of guys that are amazed to hear that hardline
and AZ/EL rotators are not required to work satellites.

While it's not the most elegant solution, it *does* work and it's FUN (which
is why I became a ham to begin with)... If I'd waited to work satellites
until I had the 'ideal' station, I'd never have worked AO-40, RS12-13,
UO-14, etc either.

Good luck on your experiment tonight...

73,

Kyle Yoksh