RE: How much Vp-p to drive FT-847 on 9600 baud FSK ?

Oscar,

I am probably the ham you are referring to.  Yes, that number is correct,
and gives the correct deviation.  I asked Yaesu technical support, and they
replied that there was no problem.  No damage here after years of working
the pacsats.  You probably saw the number for 1200 baud was also higher than
recommended.  Same reason.

Alan
WA4SCA