Re: tv rfi

If your channel 18 that you are viewing is on cable TV, there isn't much
at all that you can do. I have that trouble here. I have it minimized
through good shielding and proper connectors, but it is still objectionable.

The problem is because that the cable re-uses the over the air
frequencies. Cable channel 18 on most systems overlaps the two meter band
covering 144 to 150. The picture carrier they use is on 145.25, audio is
4.5 mhz higher at 149.750. Listen on 145.25 for a steady carrier. If you
hear it strong, your TV is hearing you too because of cable leaks.

73 Ernie W8EH

--

Ernie Howard, Jr    W8EH    Middletown, Ohio
E-mail: w8eh@arrl.net