RE: Kenwood TS-2000 firmware update for PL tone issue

At 6:28 PM -0600 1/28/05, Walter Holmes wrote:
>After installing the update installation software on your machine.
>
>REBOOT your computer.
>
>Even though it should not be necessary.
>
>Then run the program to PERFORM the firmware flash.

THANK YOU Walter. That tip just saved me a lot of heartburn.

Before rebooting, the download would fail after a random percentage
of completion, anywhere from 3% to 45% after numerous attempts. After
rebooting, it completed successfully on the first attempt.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org