Re: International Space Station mode (fwd)

>>> Patrick Green <pagreen@gmail.com> 1/28/05 2:00:58 PM >>>
>I make unproto APRS QSO's on ISS all the time to one of
>the few LIVE stations in the foot print. ...  Wish there
>weren't so many automated station on there.  I like NO-44 currently
>because most of the stations are live and when I say hi, I get a hi
>back.

I like to think this is because PCsat published a User-Service
Agreement as part of their system and invited users to use
the satellite but only if they agreed to the terms in the
User Service Agreement.

We found that this worked.  HAMS want to do the right thing
but are frustratred because, (except for PCsat) there is not
a published set of specific "user requirements" that they can
all adhere to..  AND expect others to adhere to.  Yes, lots
of opinions from lots of people, but no single reference document.

It just seems to me that all amateur satelilites should publish
User Service Agreements to give unquestioned guidance
to users on how to best configure for the maximum benefit
of all.

Bob
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:53:56 -0600, John Becker <w0jab@big-river.net>
wrote:
> I agree !
> I live in a very rural area and if I don't make it via satellite
> my location will  NEVER  make it onto the find-u  APRS  map.
>
> I feel a BBS would be out of the question. There would be too
> many trying to access it at the same time on just one channel.
> It's like those I see trying to have a unproto QSO on the ISS,
> just ain't going to happen.
>
> I for one miss AO-40 big time !
>
> At 07:33 AM 1/28/05 -0500, KO4MA  wrote in part:
>
> >Right now the ISS is the only reliable APRS capable satellite
> >on orbit. Wouldn't it be a little selfish to take that away from
the
> >APRS crowd to duplicate a mode available on 3 other satellites?
author.
program!
Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!