From: Fabio Roccatagliata <roccaf@gmail.com>
Sent: Jan 28, 2005 9:30 AM
To: Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] International Space Station mode (fwd)

On base setup you have to care about the cable losses and the location
in itself.
Working a sat with an handheld doesn't mean you will be able to do the
same from your base station just because you have a better gain
antenna or whatever.
I can't hear AO51 at 0.5W with my vertical UHF antenna and low loss
cable even if you did it using your handheld.
Common setup needs directional antennas with elevation possibility and
10-20W minimum.

73
Fabio
IZ1EGT