Re: International Space Station mode (fwd)

> Since the echo satellite is only practically useable by well equiped
> stations,

This is simply not true! I've been working a station everyday this week on a
cruise ship operating with a handheld radio with a extendable whip antenna
on his end. I've been using a mobile rig and 1/4 wave whip on the uplink,
and a 4 element beam held out the car window on the downlink.  How much less
"equipped" can you get?

Right now the ISS is the only reliable APRS capable satellite on orbit.
Wouldn't it be a little selfish to take that away from the APRS crowd to
duplicate a mode available on 3 other satellites?

73, Drew KO4MA