Re: Wet Trees?

I have this problem *all the time* with SO-50 from my home QTH.  I
have too much adjacent channel interference and can't work the pass
below 10 degrees.  It's 5 degrees for AO-51.  I found that with my
arrow in Springfield, IL (EM59).  I was able to work SO-50 AOS to LOS
and the same with AO-51.  At 1st I thought my pass prediction software
was off but then pass after pass I was able to work AOS to LOS with
good quieting.  I wish I lived in an intermod free environment but my
field of work kinda requires me to be where the population is.

Trees are an important factor as well but the RF environment the
station is in plays a major role.  I don't know if I could use a
preamp without putting a bandpass cavity to prevent it from getting
blown away.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.