RE: Wet Trees?

Emily,

Yep!  Lots of factors such as wavelength come into play, but moisture can
make a big difference.  I have a deep stand of trees behind my house which
provided a lot of attenuation when dry, but was effectively a wall when wet
at 70 cm.  Moisture didn't matter much with AO-40.  It was a wall, period.
WA4SXM gave a paper a few years ago on local horizons, and he _may_ have
touched on this.

Alan