Re: 5/8 wave GP antenna for sats (was Re: ...)

I also have a uhf vertical antenna at the moment and I don't have
problems on the AO51 downlink sigs when the sat power is set to high.
I'm anyway unable to work the sat when working out with the normal
power setting.

> - The repeater is likely to be transmitting anywhere from 50 to 150
> watts.  (If it's a simplex net it's probably safe to say that the stations
> were running 50 watts high power and also using high gain >groundplanes or
> collinears.)

Maybe in the US.... here in Italy the max power output for repeaters
is 10W erp and I think it's like that on most countries in Europe.

73
Fabio
IZ1EGT