PCSAT-1 (NO-44) Super...

Greetings,

I just so love it when PCSAT-1 goes into full
sunlight!  Last night I was able to get a digipeat
using a Kenwood TH-7D and an arrow antenna as it
popped over the western horizon with a slant range of
3100-km.  I then switched to the stock rubber duck
antenna and was able to get a digipeat at a slant
range of about 900-km.  All this from inside my house!

Packet/APRS allow so much more efficient use of
bandwidth/power than voice that one hopes AO-51 will
open up that capability to HAMs world-wide for normal
and emergency use.

James A. DeYoung (KG4QWC)