Contact Required at US University

Hi,

I'm looking for someone, preferably at a US university, and familiar
with the university system, who may be able to help with an e-mail
address for a department or an official at Berkley California.

I'm trying to find our some information about a University Professor who
was a distant relative of my XYL.  His working life was in the days
before the internet.

Professors are usually in the news quite often, and write lots of
papers. Do Universities have archive departments, who could quickly find
some information?

I would appreciate any help, or suggestions in finding a suitable e-mail
contact at the University.

Please e-mail me directly, g3cwv@amsat.org

Appologies for this OT request.

 --