UCISAT Update and Question

Hello all,

I wanted to post an update for those interested in the UCISAT-1 project. Ground station work is almost complete (probably will be online next week), and on-board communications testing has begun. Our biggest hurdle right now appears to be frequency allocation. My lastest contact in the string of FCC satellite personnel told me that waivers and fees are required to operate in the 70cm band because satellite operations are not allocated there (to which I retorted, "Oh, REALLY???"). She said that she'd have her engineers work on it, but it has been 3 weeks now and time to complete the application process is running out. If anyone who has endured this process before and has a solid contact at FCC that can assist in this area, please drop me an email (satellite engineers, AMSAT Board Members, etc).

Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you all for your interest and 73.

Matt Bennett
KF6RTB
UCISAT Communications Team Member
University of California, Irvine