Re: R: Experimenters VS users "equilibrium point"

Hi Domenico,

> About the 2450 MHz UP(s) and 10480 MHz DOWN experimental
> that you list in your Table I would like to know where you got this
> information.

Take a look at http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru/finished_detail.asp?serial=26

There you will find the following wording:

Follow on project from AO40 using AO10/13 spare space frame. Target orbit -
30,000km apogee - 2,000km perigee 60 deg inc. Target launch in 2005 or 2006
on a Ariane 5 rocket. 29MHz, 435MHz, 1260/68MHz and 5668 uplinks with
downlinks on 145MHz, 2400MHz, 24GHz and 47GHz. Also intending to carry
experimental coherent transponder with 2447MHz uplink and 10450MHz downlink -
intended to trial P5 ranging experiment. 10 year mission life

sou it actually states 2447 MHz uplink.

> The actual Table of P3-E frequency planning available in the AMSAT-DL
> site shows that the final frequency pairs for the (S) and (X) bands are not
> yet decided.
>
> If  your frequency pair are correct I am sorry because in preparing
> for AO40 going deeply in my pocket pants I have built a 10 watt uplink
> 2400 MHz to 2402 MHz that was used only one time for a succesfull S/K
> experiment on AO40 that was planned by the AO40 command stations.
>
> Again if your frequency pair are correct I am also sorry because preparing
> for AO40 I have built a 10450 MHz to 10452 MHz downconverter and
> preamplifier in to a 60 cm dish that never was used because the AO40
> X band TX failed but my satellite X band receiving system is still working
> on the roof and if your information is correct it will wait for nothing in
> the future except for my sun noise measurements.

As far as I know, the L-band receiver will also work on the X-band downlink,
if the X-band experimental transponder is in 'linear' mode.

73, Luc