R: Experimenters VS users "equilibrium point"

Hi Luc, VE2DWE

I would like to add some comments and clarify the L1 and L2 uplink
frequency as well the S and X frequency bands planned on P3-E

1260 uplink (L1)

This uplink will use in reality the following frequency band:

Pass Band   1268.600 MHz to 1268.750 MHz   (linear)
Rudak         1268.775 MHz to 1268.925 MHz   (multi mode)

and so nothing of our actual TX and antennas succesfully used with
AO40 must be changed for P3-E

1260 uplink (L-2)

L2 is the Galileo-Alternative uplink frequency band that has been
added only for precautions by AMSAT-DL just in case the above
uplink L1 will interfere with the GPS /Galileo Navigation System
actually under development in Europe.

In case of interference with GPS/Galileo the 23 cm uplink for P3-E
will be switched in to the following L2 Galileo-Alternative frequency
band:

Pass Band  1260.100 MHz to 1260.250 MHz  (linear)
Rudak        1260.275 MHz to 1260.425 MHz  (multi mode)

In this case no ploblem arises because it will be only necessary to
change a XTAL if you use a 23 cm transverter,retune TX and check
the antenna VSWR

About the 2450 MHz UP(s) and 10480 MHz DOWN experimental
that you list in your Table I would like to know where you got this
information.

The actual Table of P3-E frequency planning available in the AMSAT-DL
site shows that the final frequency pairs for the (S) and (X) bands are not
yet decided.

If  your frequency pair are correct I am sorry because in preparing
for AO40 going deeply in my pocket pants I have built a 10 watt uplink
2400 MHz to 2402 MHz that was used only one time for a succesfull S/K
experiment on AO40 that was planned by the AO40 command stations.

Again if your frequency pair are correct I am also sorry because preparing
for AO40 I have built a 10450 MHz to 10452 MHz downconverter and
preamplifier in to a 60 cm dish that never was used because the AO40
X band TX failed but my satellite X band receiving system is still working
on the roof and if your information is correct it will wait for nothing in
the future except for my sun noise measurements.

The rest of  the uplink and downlink frequencies of P3-E listed in your
table is a good balance between the needs of  a satellite user and a
satellite V/U/L/S experimenter and no need to go too deep in our pocket
pants because the equipments and antennas for P3-E are already in hand
of most satellite users since OSCAR-10,OSCAR-13 and AO40

Just to remember that unfortunately 27 january 2005 marks the 1th
anniversary of the death of AO40 at 00:58:41 UTC orbit 1488 MA 44
and after one year it not "resurrexit"

73" de

i8CVS Domenico