Re: GRRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG

Hi Tim,

Nice topic hihi. I can understand your frustrations as it also happened
often with me :o)
Most of the times it was just a little problem, but hard to find.

I just mention some things you can check:

- Check with other amsat ham who has no problems what is the satellites
az/el for your qth. Most programs you can fill in other qth locator. The ham
can tell you the el-az of AO51 at a certain time (for you to check your
program).

--> When your tracking program gives wrong az/el:
- Check if your tracking program is set to the UTC time ? When it uses local
time it doesn't work.
  (or you must be in country where UTC = Local time)
- Maybe the keplers are not okay... use relayable download source...

--> Tracking is okay:
- When you have antenna tracking, check if the antennas are not out off
compass.
- Check with terrestrial station (eg packet node, fm node) if all is working
okay.
- When using handheld antenna, go to open field... in urban areas it often
gives problems...
- Wait for high az pass (>30 AZ) and if the satellite is activated...

When it still doesn't work... let me know...

73 de PE1RAH,
William
---