Re: MARScom with HAM downlink ?

Hi AMSATs,

>>William,
>this satellite has nothing to do with HAM radio or
>frequenceis, other than the fact that ANYONE with
>a HAM license can join MARS and as a MARS
>member, they can use the satellite.
>
>Thank you for finding this error in the docs.  None of the
>frequenceis will be in the Amateur Radio Bands.
>The intent of that sentence was to imply that the
>downlink will be receivable easily on a HAM band radio.

When the downlink frequency will not be in the HAM band then it will be okay
for both parties (HAM and MARS) and I will not give any comment... With this
knowledge I hope the MARScom satellite will give the MARS users what they
like to have. This will also keep the HAM bands free for future satellites
that will use these frequencies, like P3e...

>I will fix the wording so as not to confuse...
>
>de Wb4APR, Bob

Thanks for fixing the words.

73
William