From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Sent: Jan 25, 2005 10:35 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Mobile antenna question

I am looking at ways of getting on the FM sats while
mobile.  My main mobile antenna is a MFJ mag mount
1/4wave 6 meter, 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna.  That would
make it approximately a 15/8 wave antenna for 70cm.
Would there be any hope of receiving AO51 or SO50 with
such an antenna?  And how would a 2/70cm dual band
mobile whip actually do on receiving the FM birds?

73s John NE0P
http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo