Re: DX question, CY9?. others?

--- Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com> wrote:

> How many of you guys have CY9 on satellite?

I've worked Sable Island (CY0) as well as St. Paul Island
(CY9) quite a number of times on HF but no sat Qs.  My
understanding is that permission to operate there is very
strict with regard to environmental issues.  Of course,
there are the transportation issues as well.  Would have
loved to have had a sat Q though.

We all very much appreciated the St. Pierre/Miquelon effort
by FP/N1JEZ in July of 2000.  That DXpedition created a
tremendous amount of interest.  Mike Seguin did an outstanding
job in a well thought out and excuted operation.  Beautiful
card too.

> Any other suggestions for a "most needed" sort of list in
> LEO range from at least part of the mainland US?

I've worked a few Caribbean islands as have other sat ops
via the LEOs but have never heard or worked Bermuda (off
Cape Hatteras, NC).  I thought that very odd especially
when there is an apparent sat op who resides there.

I would also imagine there are also a lot of IOTA chasers
among the LEO sats community and needless to say those are
very numerous up and down the eastern seaboard.  Most are
easy to get to with little hassle.  Perhaps a new Sat Award
for working X number of Islands-on-the-Air would generate
new interest in LEO operation.  For those who also chase
grids, those could be displayed on the QSL as well.  Just
a thought.

73, Gary -K8KFJ-
West Virginia [EM98]
AMSAT #32574