Re: Definition of QSO via ISS Packet/APRS

What you have indicated as a correct QSO is the correct way it should be done.
Both stations MUST acknowledge each other. They do not need to give grid or RST
but do need to copy each others callsign correctly and indicate to the other
station that they did.

An example...
KK5DO sends a packet...   K5OE good to hear from you.
K5OE sends a packet back... KK5DO hi om

as there is no need to confirm a signal report or grid, the QSO is over. Simply
copying all stations heard via the ISS and then sending a QSL card to each of
those stations is not sufficient or in the spirit of ham radio.

eQSL's are great but at this time, they are not valid for any ARRL or AMSAT
awards.

73...bruce