SSETI EXPRESS/ ONE MORE REASON TO ADD MODE/ S TO YOUR EARTH STATION.

HI ALL,Looks like AO-51 with its mode U/S will be
having company in the near future.SSETI Express a
satellites built in the Netherlands will use mode U/S
for its up-link and down-link.A Voice up-link of
437.250 FM with a PL tone of 67Hz.And a Voice
down-link at 2401.840 FM.Also it looks like P3-EXPRESS
will also be incorporating the S band in its modes of
operation.Its looking like the S band is fast becoming
a band of choice with the new "SATS".I believe that
mode U/S is here to stay.As the satellites of the
future become more advance and the modes of operation
change, we as satellite operators need to be flexible
to these changes.Don't let negative thoughts about the
microwave spectrum Chet you out of a fun and rewarding
experience.I believe in the end the only regret you
might have is that you didn't have mode U/S
capabilities when AO-40 was in operation.73 KC7USS
member 35328
http://mail.yahoo.com