From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Steve kb9ups
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:30 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Cc: microwave@wa1mba.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] GPS ERROR ? Kep's

Hello to the Group,
I have heard that as a result of the tsunami the Earth "lost" 1/2 second in
rotation and that the Earth is no longer under the satellites as it was. At
the speed of the Earths rotation, this would be a significant difference.
So, what does this do to the kep's and have they been corrected? Anyone?

Steve/kb9ups
president SRRC W9MKS
AMSAT area coordinator
KB9UPS@excite.com