Re: Ft-847

Les,

I have had my FT-847 since early 2000 and like it.  I use it for both
satellite and eme.  It has been used on Leo's, AO-10 and AO-40
(modes-V/U/L/S when it was working).  I have copied telemtery off AO-51
with it using the 9600-baud packet jack output to my soundcard using Mix-W2
& EchoTLM sw.  I have yet to try modes U/S or L/S on AO-51.  Antennas are
not currently connected (sort of put off due to minus temp up here in winter).

To date, I have not implemented auto-track/tune but intend to using a
Unitrac-2000, NOVA, and a G5400.  There is a newer model (Unitrac-2003) out
now.  The G5500 will work with this as it is the newer ver. of the G5400.

73's Ed - AL7EB
www.qsl.net/al7eb