Comparing rigs TS-2000 vs FT-897D

Greetings net,

     I have begun comparing radios for a potential trip to some isolated
locations in Alaska this summer.  I am interested in what some of you might
think.  Portability is an issue, since I will be traveling via various modes
of transportation to get to remote sites like Loran-C transmitter sites,
Differential GPS transmitter sites, etc.  I will be doing HF propagation
studies, but would also be overjoyed to be able to operate some of the
satellites.

     Please feel free to reply off-net or on-net.

Thank you in advance,

Michael McKaughan
k1dm@arrl.net or
mmckaughan@exmail.uscga.edu