G-5500 control unit lights?

Hello all,

Some time ago, I recall a bit of discussion about replacing the lamps in the G-5500 control unit with LEDs and/or resistors.

I've looked in my archives, and tried to find it in the amsat-bb archives (wouldn't it be nice to be able to search through them :) So far, no luck.

Can anyone provide the details?  I had a recent failure and no longer have a spare.  And the "real" bulb is expensive...

73 and thanks in advance,

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]