AO-51 Mode Change

NOTICE TO AO-51 USERS, Mode Change

14 Jan -- Up to now we have not seen any message traffic on the AO-51 PBBS
from the Tsunami Disaster Area. We are going to change Echo's mode on 15 Jan
to allow both FM repeater and 9k6 digital operations. The FM repeater will
be back operational and open for amateur use. We plan to run in this mode
until the end of January unless we receive word from the disaster area that
a different setup would be useful.

Anyone that can help contact those in the disaster area and inform them of
the Satellite resource is encouraged to do so. Should another configuration
of AO-51 be identified as providing more benefit to those in the disaster
area, AMSAT will adjust AO-51's operating mode accordingly.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php

KE4AZN
Echo Command Team