RE: Space Track Website

Hi...   .GZ files can be extracted with WINZIP or WINRAR.  There are other
methods of capturing data from Space-Track.  Check out the "Retrieve TLE
Data by Satellite ID Number" and display it in "Printer Friendly Format".
You can cut and paste from that page into a text file for use by your
favorite application.

I have a limited number of objects I track in WISP32, NOVA and inload into a
TrakBox.  So I created an AUTOIT 3.0 script
http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/  ( freeware ) to automatically log me
into Space-Track, download keps for my select objects, clean them up with
NASAWASH ( freeware ) and copy the KEPS.TXT file to places I need it ( WISP,
SATSKED and my Desktop).

Here is my ST.AU3 script - warning, it has no error checking/trapping or
graceful and elegant exit points if Space-Track runs slow and doesn't
display its screens in a timely manner.  It has only been run on XP Pro
English.  But it works for me; the pragmatic ham :-).

;
;
; AutoIt Version: 3.0
; Language:       English
; Platform:       XP Pro
; Author:         ve4yz@shaw.ca 08Jan05
;
; Script Function:
;	Download select satellites from Space Track and save to a text file.
;
;

;
; Set up our defaults and delete old keps files
;

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
AutoItSetOption("WinTextMatchMode", 1)
FileDelete("C:\Keps\KEPSNEW.TXT")
FileDelete("C:\Keps\KEPS.TXT")

;
; Script Start with dialogue box
;
@CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "Clean it up, and copy it to C:\WISP32, C:\SATSKED and
the DeskTop" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "Keep copy in C:\KEPS")
If $answer = 2 Then
MsgBox(0, "Download KEPS", "OK. 73!")
Exit
EndIf

;
; Read in SAT, User and PW from ST.INI
;

$id = IniRead("C:\keps\st.ini", "ST", "id", "NotFound")
$pw = IniRead("C:\keps\st.ini", "ST", "pw", "NotFound")
$sat = IniRead("C:\keps\st.ini", "ST", "sat", "NotFound")

;
; Open IE and get keps
;

run ("c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
http://www.space-track.org/perl/login.pl";, "", )

WinWait("Space-Track","Done","10")

send("{TAB 3}")

send($id)
send("{TAB}")
send($pw)
send("{Enter}")

WinWait("Space-Track","Done","10")

send("{TAB 2}")
send("{ENTER}")

WinWait("Space-Track","Done","10")
send("{TAB 2}")
send($sat)
send("{TAB 9}")
Send("{DOWN}")
send("{TAB 2}")
Send("{SPACE}")
send("{Enter}")

WinWait("space-track","Done",60)

;
; Save data from web
;

send("!F")
send("A")
send("C:\KEPS\KEPSNEW.TXT{Enter}")
send("y")

sleep (2000)

send("!F")
send("C")

;
; Clean up KEPSNEW.TXT and save as KEPS.TXT
;

runwait("nasawash kepsnew.txt keps.txt","",@SW_MAXIMIZE)

;
; Copy the keps.txt to were it is needed
;

FileDelete("C:\WISP32\KEPS.TXT")
FileCopy("C:\Keps\KEPS.TXT", "C:\WISP32\KEPS.TXT",1)
FileDelete("C:\SatSked\KEPS.TXT")
FileCopy("C:\Keps\KEPS.TXT", "C:\SatSked\KEPS.TXT",1)
FileDelete("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\KEPS.TXT")
FileCopy("C:\Keps\KEPS.TXT", "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Desktop\KEPS.TXT",1)
MsgBox(0, "KEPS Download", "Finished!")

Exit
;

A second file ST.INI ( all 4 lines shown below ) has the info for my
Space-Track ID, Password and the satellites I want downloaded. Here it is
and you can set up to 100 satellites on the 4th line.  I use this external
INI file so I can easily modify the satellite numbers rather than imbed all
this information in the compiled script.

[ST]
id=add your username here
pw=add your password here
sat=21575 22825 24278 25544 26545 27607 28375

The AutoIT script is run from C:\KEPS and NASAWASH is in that folder also.
Just make a shortcut to the executable you get after compiling the script.

Other freeware utilities can be run against the KEPS.TXT file to replace the
satellite names with common SO-50, AO-51, FO-29 etc

Final warning - the Space-Track web site can be changed by their web master
and cause the script to fail.

73 and enjoy...