In-Kind Services for 2005

Attention AMSAT Volunteers:

Starting in 2005, AMSAT will begin keeping track of ALL categories of
Volunteer hours on our AMSAT Web site "VRS Volunteer Reporting System". In
prior years we have restricted this reporting to some very specific
categories.

Any time spent on behalf of AMSAT is now eligible. These efforts include
work at Hamfests, presentations to Ham Clubs, the work of Area Coordinators
out in the field, etc.

If you are an AMSAT member performing volunteer services for us and have not
felt that your efforts qualified, please feel free to establish an account
and submit those hours from now on.

To become a participant, send an e-mail to: in-kind@amsat.org and include
your preferred User Identification. I will establish an account and the VRS
system will mail you a response verifying your User ID and Password. Then
you need only go to the VRS section within "Becoming a Volunteer" link on
the AMSAT website to file your reports.

Since we are a volunteer based organization, it is important that we be able
to illustrate the many hours of hard work that our volunteers provide.

If you are doing the work of AMSAT, please consider signing up today.
Remember, your filings are confidential and only total dollar values are
reported.. No individual numbers are made public.

Of course, to our many present VRS members, it is time to start submitting
2005 hours. Thanks for all your generous work in 2004.

Regards,
Gunther Meisse
AMSAT Treasurer
W8GSM