Re: Wisp & AO-51

Hi Steve,

Can you give a bit more information about your system?

I too have trouble uplinking to AO-51, but I found a few things out:

1) In Wisp, I set the uplink frequency about 2 kHz higher than what is specified in the literature.

2) My TAPR DSP56002EVM unit does NOT uplink nearly as well as an old Paccomm Sprint2 unit.  I have tried many different audio levels, etc. with the EVM unit but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

3) I seem to have a little improvement by making sure the DSP function on the TS-2000X transmit audio is OFF (set Menu 21 to OFF).

I would have guessed that audio entering the TS-2000X via the ACC2 13-pin DIN would not pass through the DSP, but I swear it has improved things...maybe coincidenc, maybe wishful thinking :)

Maybe that will help?

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "Steve kb9ups" <kb9ups@excite.com>
> Date: 2005/01/07 Fri AM 08:44:11 EST
> To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Wisp & AO-51
>
> Hello everyone,
> I seem to be RXing ao-51 9600bps ok, but I don't seem to be able to upload anything to the bird. The article in the Nov/Dec AMSAT Journal "Command Systems" may hold my problem. In table 1 it shows a different rate of Doppler shift for 70cm than 2m. Question: If I'm tracking freq. like normal voice, would this make my uplink freq off far enough not to get into the bird, or is something else effecting my ability to get in? I have tried keeping the uplink on target and just tuning the RX, this don't seem to help any. What am I doing wrong here?
>

> Steve/kb9ups
> president SRRC W9MKS
> AMSAT area coordinator
> LaSalle Co. OES