RE: Space-Track website, download problem

Dave,

Lynx has a couple of configuration options that could cause similar behavior
as what Erich was seeing. See lynx.cfg for the settings on your system.

Extract from lynx.cfg:

===========================

## NO_REFERER_HEADER ##

If NO_REFERER_HEADER is TRUE, Referer headers never will be sent in
transmissions to servers. Lynx normally sends the URL of the document from
which the link was derived, but not for startfile URLs, 'g'oto URLs, 'j'ump
shortcuts, bookmark file links, or history list links.

#NO_REFERER_HEADER:FALSE

## NO_FILE_REFERER ##

If NO_FILE_REFERER is TRUE, Referer headers never will be sent in
transmissions to servers for links or actions derived from documents or
forms with file://localhost/ URLs. This would ensure that paths associated
with your local file system are never indicated to servers, even if
NO_REFERER_HEADER is FALSE.

NO_FILE_REFERER:TRUE

You may want to experiment with these settings to see if the behavior
changes.

Interesting to see that on a Windows system the referer blocking is external
to the web browser and on a Linux system it is an integral part of the
browser.

BR,

--
/\/\arc