Wisp & AO-51

Hello everyone,
I seem to be RXing ao-51 9600bps ok, but I don't seem to be able to upload anything to the bird. The article in the Nov/Dec AMSAT Journal "Command Systems" may hold my problem. In table 1 it shows a different rate of Doppler shift for 70cm than 2m. Question: If I'm tracking freq. like normal voice, would this make my uplink freq off far enough not to get into the bird, or is something else effecting my ability to get in? I have tried keeping the uplink on target and just tuning the RX, this don't seem to help any. What am I doing wrong here?

Steve/kb9ups
president SRRC W9MKS
AMSAT area coordinator
LaSalle Co. OES