Re: Emergency Communications

> I'll try to keep this on topic, as I will be mentioning ISS, but as I mull
the
> "needs" of areas in total devistation, I have to think back on the 1970's
when
> the Owensboro ARC (Kentucky) rolled into Brandenburg / Xenia Ohio area
after a
> tornado that flattened towns on both sides of the river.

In keeping with the topic of emergency communications I offer up this
Canadian article.

http://www.itbusiness.ca/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=57750

I get the feeling that the emergency groups are going alone on the
communication thing as there is no mention at all of amateur radio.  Maybe
it is just an uninformed journalist.......but the article is worth the
read.....

Bill
VE3NXK
sunny Sundridge, Ontario Canada