How to connect DC to ARR preamp or dc injector?

Hi, can anyone tell me how they've successfully applied DC to their AdvRecResearch preamp?  The wife gave me an ARR 70cm GaAsFET preamp for Christmas, along with a dc injector to send the juice up the pipe from the shack.  All I can see is a stub coming out one side of each little box, and a couple of nuts clenching a solder lug on the other.  Consulting the schematics for the preamp, I see that the Vdc-in stub is actually one lead of a feed-through capacitor.  What is common practice for hooking up power to it?  I'm thinking about soldering the two wires from a red/black power lead to each appropriate terminal on either the injector or the preamp and terminating the power lead with a jack into which I can insert banana plugs with (+) and gnd.  Would this be appropriate?  Opinions on the neatest method out there?  Thanks, everyone!
73, Ray KA8SYX
Big Pine Key, FL
EL94hr