Re: Space Track Web Site

At 4:59 PM -0500 1/4/05, Perry Yantis wrote:
>My question is why is it that Kelso makes things simple and everyone else
>seems to go out of their way to make things more trouble then it is
>worth????

My question is why program authors make their 2-line format reading
routines too dumb to skip some headers and footers.

>Is there anywhere I can download keps in TEXT format WITH NO HEADERS and
>keep things simple??????

Your impassioned plea motivated me to add a feature to the AMSAT.ORG
keps processor to generate a stripped file of just the valid 2-line
element sets from the KEPS mailing list bulletins. From now on, you
can find what you requested at

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt

or by anonymous FTP from ftp.amsat.org in /amsat/keps/current/nasabare.txt

This file, like the existing amsat.all and nasa.all files in the same
place, is updated automatically whenever the KEPS bulletins come out.
Usually, once a week on or about Friday.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org