From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of William Leijenaar
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 1:17 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Are these cubesat structures made from gold ?

Hi AMSATs,

Just looked on the internet about some new cubesats, and there I found
some
interesting internet page where you can get some cubesat structures.
So I looked around, just to see what it costs, who know we can use it
for my
hobby sats :o)

But then when I saw the prices I was amazed.
Some 5k$ for a 10cmx10cmx10cm structure.
And that's only MSRP$ (Manufacturer's suggested retail price) what
exclude
tax, shipping and other costs that may be incurred.

Look at: http://www.pumpkininc.com/content/doc/forms/pricelist.pdf
Am I right they are made from aluminum or they are made from gold ???

Not something for a poor-man's ham radio engineer :o(
Are there any hams who can make copies ? :o)

73 de PE1RAH, William
---