Re: TS 790 Sub display

Hello Vince,

I have had to replace the bulbs several times on my TS-790.  Radio Shack sells a little 12V "wheat bulb" that is a good bit smaller than the original bulbs, but they work just fine.  The bulbs sit in a little rubber "holder".

Not much too the replacement--a quick solder job is all that is needed.  Good as new!

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" <vlfiscus@mcn.net>
> Date: 2005/01/03 Mon AM 10:47:26 EST
> To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] TS 790 Sub display
>
> The sub display on my TS 790 has been getting dimmer & dimmer over the Past
> year and now it's totally dark.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm
> wondering if I can fix this myself or if it requires a new display.   I
> don't think Kenwood will have parts for the 790 anymore.  Any help
> appreciated.
>

> KB7ADL

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]