Re: TS 790 Sub display

At 08:47 AM 1/3/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>The sub display on my TS 790 has been getting dimmer & dimmer over the
>Past year and now it's totally dark.  Has anyone else had this
>problem?  I'm wondering if I can fix this myself or if it requires a new
>display.   I don't think Kenwood will have parts for the 790 anymore.  Any
>help appreciated.
>

>KB7ADL

Vince,

The problem may not be the display but the backlight.  This problem has
occured to a friend of mine with an IC-746 and he replaced the backlight
himself.  Take a look at http://www.mods.dk and you may find the service
manual for free there. It may help if others do not come forward with a
quick solution.

Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH