Re: AO-7 reception

Thnaks for all the suggestions so far.
This morning I drove out to a nearby hill top but unfourtunately it was
pouring rain.  Because I didn't want to get soaked
standing outside holding the antenna, I just used the 5/8 wave
groundplane on the roof of my jeep.  The pass had a max elevation of
50 degrees and I actually had some fair success.  I heard some CW and
some phone a little above 145.950  The phone
was pretty rough copy but I did manage to hear what I think was K8DID.
When the weather clears up a bit, I'll give it another go
with the yagi this time.  I also have a hamtronics 146->28 recieve
converter on the way that has a 1-2dB NF, this might improve
things a bit as well.

73s,
David Carr