From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 20:45
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Emergency Communications

Power availability! How many of US can work on emergency power
sources? It is hard to ask those in remote areas to work on Em. power
when a very small percentage of us are ready to switch on an
alternate power sources.

Electrical generator.

When there is a mile long wait line to get fuel we should consider
the real world in emergency times. Many portable electrical generator
are not very well regulated and they produce about 132 ACV. No
problem if you use it on motors but with sensitive equipment and over
a  long period of operation i don't know how this will affect solid
state systems and computers?

Should we keep our tubes sets? they are the ones who can survive EMP
apparently,  just in case sky fell on us! :)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator.
AMSAT# 33583
Site WEB site: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
Forum:
VE2DWE2004-subscribe@yahoogroupes.fr