RE: will AMSAT be ready for the next disaster?

Eric,

I have met with the president of AMSAT-DL and we have an understanding of what is
needed to get P3E launched.  AMSAT-NA has at least five members working actively on
critical P3E projects that, starting now, will be funded by AMSAT-NA through
donations to AMSAT-NA's P3E project.

These P3E activities are in direct support of AMSAT-NA's Vision statement.  They will
in no way reduce or divert our attention from the Eagle satellites. In fact the P3E
projects will each produce products that will be adapted for use on Eagle and so can
be viewed as a supporting part of AMSAT's Eagle project.

We need to raise about $30,000 for 2005 to fully cover this commitment. You may
donate on the AMSAT Web site (AMSAT Store) or by calling the AMSAT-NA office. The
donation categories on the Web store will be updated to include P3E very soon.

Rick
W2GPS
AMSAT President